Systemintegration is the part of a software architectur. It helps to connect components or
subsystems together. Certain patterns are used in the industry today. Using and learning
EIP (“Enterprise Integration Pattterns”) with Apache Camel is the goal of this Project.
The Example for this project is all about earthquake data from around the world. The
Application is able to read earthquake data from various rss Feeds and processes it. During
the processing the data will be in form of XML and Java Objects. The data will be enriched,
splitted, sorted, aggregated, normalized, marshalled umarshalled and finally provided again
in form of a restful service.
The specified task is as follows:
- Read Earthquake Data continously from those two RSS Streams
- enrich this data with other related information like the weather in this area at this
time. Data can be from here: http://www.programmableweb.com.
- sort the earthquakes by the earthparts where they appear
- if the earthquake has a strength of more than “M 5.5” than send an formated warning
email to an email adress.
- provide this data via a Restful interface in form of a list of the earthparts with an xlink to detailed information of the earthquakes.