In the Fedora 17 machine, a Hard drive which was mounted on /mnt/c suddenly became read-only.
The fstab contents showed the UUID of the ext4 drives. With the help of the command “blkid” I could determine that /dev/sdc1 was mounted to /mnt/c (linux-finding-using-uuids-to-update-fstab)
After umounting and mounting with several commands nothing helped. Here is what i did without success:
I tried “mount -o remount, rw /dev/hdc1″ which stated that i should give the filesystem type as a parameter …
I tried ”umount -l /dev/hdc1″ to force umounting. (umount-device-is-busy-fehler-beim-unmounten-eines-laufwerks)
I killed every process which was using /mnt/c (lsof | grep “mnt/c”)
After restarting the machine the drive was writable again but several minutes later it was back in a read-only state and even worse i could not read some directories (I/O Error). I found out, that maybe the drive was (re)mounted with the option”
errors=remount-ro" (unix.stackexchange.com) But the output of the command on my machine was “Errors: Continue” so this were very bad news because the filesystem or the drive must be broken.
The Command “fsck.ext4 -cDfty -C 0 /dev/sd” showed that there were no errors (howto-repair-broken-ext4-partitions). I used it in a GNU Screen so that this time consuming command was not attached to a shell. (screen).
After accessing the drive with the scp command the second time the filesystem was broken again (problem after restart identically):
[nils@gres ~]$ /usr/local/bin/bakupSql.sh xx.xx 100% 23MB 11.6MB/s 00:02 [nils@xxx ~]$ /usr/local/bin/bakupSql.sh scp: /mnt/c/bak/xx/xx.xx: Read-only file system scp: /mnt/c/bak/xx/xx.xx: truncate: Read-only file system + Done /usr/local/bin/bakupSql.sh
Several commands showed, that this drive definitely had some issues:
[root@xx ~]# umount /mnt/c umount: /mnt/c: not mounted [root@xx ~]# mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/c mount: /dev/sdc1: can't read superblock [root@xx ~]# umount /mnt/c umount: /mnt/c: not mounted [root@xx ~]# fsck.ext4 -cDfty -C 0 /dev/sdc1 e2fsck 1.42.3 (14-May-2012) fsck.ext4: Ein Block konnte nicht in einem Zug gelesen werden beim Versuch, /dev/sdc1 zu ?ffnen K?nnte es eine Partion der L?nge Null sein?
- install windows server 2008 r2 (standard version)
- install java 1.5
- download abap trial version from here and unpack on desktop
- execute “sapinst.exe” in the folder \SAP_NetWeaver_702e_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64
- install sapgui from here
- open logonpad and click on “new entry”.
- goto wizard step 2 and enter:
- NSP Local, localhost, 00, NSP and leave the last field blank
- finish the wizard
- dbl-click on the new entry in the logonpad.
- login with user “ddic” and self-set-password from the sap installation
- open TA: su01 and edit the User “BCUSER”. You have to set the passwort in the “login” Tab
- login again with the user BCUser (Winter01)
- goto abap objekt navigator (TA: SE80) Tools -> ABAP -> Overwier
- Choose “Programm” from the Chombobox
- Type “ZTEST” in the Textfield below and hit return.
- Uncheck “with TOP incl.” and finish